Wednesday 20 July 2016

Philadelphia Social Worker Invited To Speak At Democratic National Convention

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Dozens of big names will take the stage next week for the Democratic National Convention, but it’s some of those newcomers to the stage who may make the biggest impact.

“I was asked if I would be willing to speak at the Democratic National Convention,” Thaddeus Desmond told Eyewitness News. Desmond, 28, a Philadelphia native, is one week away from the chance of a lifetime. He’ll speak in front of tens of thousands when he takes the stage Tuesday night. His name came to the attention of Democratic National Committee through his work.

“A little nervous is probably an understatement, but I think even more than nervous I’m honored and truly humbled to be able to represent myself, my family,” Desmond said.

Desmond is a child advocate social worker in Philadelphia and his job isn’t just a job, it’s personal. He was once a foster child, and 25 years ago, his social worker Kathy Desmond fell in love with him. For the full article click here 



from democratic dojo http://ift.tt/29M7tQZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment