Thursday 21 July 2016

Whom Will She Choose? Hillary Clinton’s VP Shortlist

Hillary Clinton is expected to announce her running mate later this week during a two-day swing through Florida, NBC News has learned. The presumptive Democratic nominee has campaigned or met with most of the candidates in recent weeks and is set to appear with her final choice before the Democratic National Convention kicks off in Philadelphia next week.

The news could come as soon as Friday at Clinton’s afternoon rally at the Tampa fairgrounds. On Saturday, she heads to Miami for a mid-day event at the Florida International University campus.

Overall, the former secretary of state has said she is looking for someone who can seamlessly step into the job of commander-in-chief if needed. “I know what it’s like being president. I’ve seen it up close, I’ve worked for one, I’ve had that experience. So for me there is nothing more important than my rock-solid conviction that the person I choose could literally get up one day and be the president of the United States,” Clinton told CBS News on Monday For the full article click here 



from democratic dojo http://ift.tt/2ae6jyJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment