Thursday 28 July 2016

Tim Kaine who? Hillary Clinton’s vice presidential nominee introduction speech to the world, annotated

Below is the complete text of vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine’s speech, delivered shortly after accepting the nomination at the Democratic convention Wednesday night. We annotated it. Play along by getting aGenius account and highlighting the text you want to comment on.

SPEAKER: SEN. TIM KAINE,
DEMOCRATIC VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

[*]
KAINE: Thank you everybody. Hello, Philadelphia!

(APPLAUSE) Hello Democratic families.

I want to start off by thanking my beautiful wife and my three wonderful children, Nat, Woody, and Annella. They are sitting right up there.

(APPLAUSE)

You Know my son, Nat, deployed with his Marine battalion just two days ago.

(APPLAUSE)

KAINE: He deployed overseas to protect and defend the very NATO allies thatDonald Trump says he now wants to abandon.

Semper fi, Nat! Semper fi!

(APPLAUSE)

My parents and my in-laws are here. Our siblings and their spouses. Our nieces and nephews, and hundreds of friends from Virginia and beyond.

(APPLAUSE)

I love seeing you front and center. Including my friend of 37 years, senior Senator Mark Warner. My great Governor Terry McAuliffe. For the full article click here 



from democratic dojo http://ift.tt/2a2llH6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment